Using Precise Cast’s plaster casting, sand casting, or machined parts for your low-volume production requirements can be beneficial by
- Lowering your tooling costs
- Improving your cash flow
- Shortening your time to production
- Buying time for production tooling to be finished
- Having a super-fast and responsive supplier that can supply your parts on-demand
- No import costs or hassles
What Is Low Volume Production?
Low volume production means different things to different people. For us it usually translates into delivery quantities that are (usually) less than 1,000 per month. This is just a guideline. It depends on the part size, its geometry, and other factors. Once 1,000 units a month is exceeded, it may be advisable to consider other processes that will be more cost-effective.
Low-volume production parts often serve one (or more of) these purposes:
- “Replacement” parts for parts that are no longer in production or are otherwise unavailable. These are often parts for repair or refurbishment.
- They provide a “bridge” between the prototype phase and the high-volume production phase where parts will be manufactured using the production (hard) tooling. Some people refer to these as pre-production parts.
- Low-volume production parts are parts made after the prototype phase. These parts ARE the production parts and hard tools are not paid for or required.
For help in deciding what process you should pursue, please contact sales to talk to a casting expert